Change Your Smile With Invisalign
You can completely change your smile with Invisalign. It is an orthodontic method for straightening teeth, improving spacing, and correcting minor bite alignment issues. Invisalign appeals to a lot of patients because it offers several advantages, such as being discreet and removable. Invisalign is available at Linden Dental in Naples, where Dr. Richard Linden or Dr. Maria Linden can help you decide if it’s the right choice for you.
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign is an alternative to traditional braces for straightening teeth and correcting other orthodontic issues, such as excess spacing between teeth or misaligned bites. Invisalign moves teeth like braces by gently exerting pressure on the teeth. Over time, the teeth gradually move into the desired position. Where Invisalign differs from traditional braces is that there are no brackets, bands, or wires. Instead, custom aligner trays are used to move the teeth.
Multiple sets of custom aligner trays are worn throughout treatment. Each set of aligners includes one tray for the top row of teeth and one for the bottom. Patients are given a new set of trays every few weeks. Each set of aligners in the series moves the teeth closer to the desired position. On average, Invisalign treatment takes about 12 months.
While Invisalign can give you a straighter smile, some more complicated orthodontic issues are better treated with traditional braces. The experienced dentists at our office in Naples can determine if Invisalign is an option for you.
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign has numerous benefits, such as being removable and discreet. The ability to remove the aligner trays is advantageous for several reasons. Taking the aligners out to eat prevents food from getting trapped in them. Brushing and flossing are also easier since the aligners can be removed when performing your daily oral hygiene routine. Additionally, the aligners can be taken out to have yourself photographed or when playing sports, for example.
Some of the many benefits of Invisalign include:
- Removable — Since the aligner trays are not permanently fixed in place, they can be easily removed as needed for up to two hours per day.
- Comfortable — The aligners are made from a soft plastic material that is flexible and fits comfortably in the mouth.
- Discreet — The material used to create the custom aligners is clear so the trays are hardly noticeable to others.
- Better Oral Hygiene — The aligners can be taken out to brush and floss for a more thorough cleaning.
- Fewer Food Restrictions — The ability to remove the aligner trays when eating makes it possible to eat a wider variety of foods since there is no risk of anything getting stuck in the aligners or damaging them.
If you are ready to change your smile for the better, Invisalign can help. Schedule an appointment with Drs. Richard or Maria Linden to find out if you are a candidate for Invisalign by calling Linden Dental in Naples at (239) 593-0777.